Pages

Friday, October 20, 2017

My Makeup Essentials -Emma

So...The daunting task of writing an intro...

Hello everyone! I'm finally here with a new post! I've been getting super into makeup lately (yes, even more than before, for those who know me). I've been watching a lot of makeup tutorials on YouTube and just obsessing a bit. So I thought the perfect post would be to talk about my essential makeup products.

To clear things up before I start: I DO NOT wear makeup everyday, in fact most days I wear little to no makeup, maybe just some concealer under my eyes and some mascara. And nor does anyone else have to wear makeup to be beautiful. I wear makeup purely because I enjoy it and like trying new styles.

So there.

Anyway.

Starting in the order in which I would put on a full face of makeup...
I use the Maybelline Baby Skin Primer. I just recently started using this after seeing it on (you guessed it) YouTube. It really does work amazing though and I like the feeling of having a barrier between my skin and all the makeup I am about to put on. I have noticed a good amount of acne disappearing after using this for a few weeks.

This is my all time favorite foundation. I've tried sO many different foundations and BB Creams in the past (even $40 ones from Sephora) and nothing compares to this. And it's at an unbeatable price too, for those of you who are like me and are usually pretty broke.

It's full coverage, not oily at all. I use a brush to blend it out (which I will show later). I use the shade 120 for anyone who is wondering.

Yet another Maybelline product...
This is the everyday concealer I use. It works pretty darn well. My only complaint with this product is sometimes it doesn't come out very well onto the sponge and just doesn't cover enough. And it is a bit pricey for the size. But overall, it is one of the best drugstore concealers around.

I swear the Maybelline products will end soon! This is the powder I use. It's from the same collection as the foundation I use. This pressed powder is actually amazing. Some days I really just use this on my face and nothing else. It just smooths everything out and makes your face look much more natural when you're wearing foundation. I LOVE it!

This is the highligher/blush I use on days that I'm doing more light makeup. It has just enough glow, but isn't too glowy. It also gives a great amount of color on your cheeks. I like to take my highlighter brush and just swirl the two together so they combine (saw this from Summer McKeen on YouTube).

Next up: brows. I am a blonde, so doing my brows is a must. My eyebrows are basically non existent without this. I use the Maybelline (of course) Brow Define and Fill Duo. This works fantastically, even better than the Sephora brand pencil I used to use.

This is my absolute favorite makeup item at the moment, and probably the only high end product I will have in this post. This is the Too Faced Sweet Peach Palette. The colors are so vibrant, and the palette smells like peaches. I've only had this for about a week but have been using this constantly. It does run on the very high end of prices at $48. But I was lucky enough to get it with a coupon I had to save a few dollars.

I normally use a few different products for my eyelashes, but my favorite is this Loreal Voluminous Lash Paradise mascara. It really works like a dupe of the "Better Than Sex" mascara from Too Faced. So this saves you like, $14.

Lastly, I will show my favorite brushes. From left to right: Elf Foundation Brush, Luxe Cosmetics Foundation Brush (but I use this for bronzer/ contouring), Glamour Dolls Highlighter Brush (for highlighter and blush), and Elizabeth Mott Blending Brush (for eye shadow).

Thank for all so much for reading! I think this might be the longest blog post I have ever written... probably because I tend to rant about makeup...

Let me know if you'd like me to do a post on the Too Faced Sweet Peach pallet, because I would love to do a few tutorials.

Talk to you all soon!

-Emma


2 comments:

  1. cool post! I'm not really into make up but this made me want to go blow my savings on new stuff lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete