Pages

Sunday, February 19, 2017

Springfield Trip -Emma

Hello everyone! I'm back with a new post!

Yeah, a REAL POST!

This weekend, my mom and I took a little trip to Springfield IL. It was the perfect way to celebrate president's day (yes, I know that's tomorrow and I'm a bit early), but yeah.

I had a great time while we were there and obviously took a TON of pictures. But I'll be sharing a small amount of those with you all and talking about them.

The first thing we did when we got to Springfield was visit Lincoln's home. I thought
this was super cool and it was really special to be somewhere Lincoln once lived. 
Here is Lincoln's famous writing desk. 
Me outside the house.
After that, we went to lunch and then to Lincoln's
tomb. It was WAY bigger than I thought it would be, and the
architecture inside was amazing.
Here is a photo of where he is buried. Across from him (behind me when
I took this photo) his wife and children are buried. 
Me needing as much luck as I can get...
Here's a selfie of my mom and I inside the
capitol building waiting for the tour to start. 
The picture couldn't really capture how amazing the architecture 
here was, but this is the House of Representatives. Fun fact: 
Legally Blonde 2 was filmed here! I thought that was pretty cool, 
because I'm a big fan of those movies.
Here is the Senate. Another fun fact: Barack Obama started his
political career in this very room!
Last but not least, here's me outside trying to be a 
model! LOL.
That's it! I hope you all enjoyed all the photos and thanks for reading!

Have a great 3 day weekend :)

-Emma


No comments:

Post a Comment