Pages

Friday, September 15, 2017

Study Tips -Emma

Hello everyone! Since school has just started again (insert crying face here), I thought I would share some study tips with you all! These are all things that I do that really help me stay motivated to study, and more importantly- get good grades. 


Tip #1: Turn off distractions
It's important to turn off your T.V, cell phone, radio, and to study in a quiet space where you won't be bothered while studying. If you don't want to turn off your phone completly, put it on do not disturb and put it somewhere out of sight. Those text messages can wait until later!

Tip #2: Take frequent breaks
Studying for 15-30 minutes at a time with 10 minute breaks in between is the most effective way of studying. You'll be much more focused and motivated to study, and you will memorize information much easier. Just make sure to use your break time wisely. For example, instead of watching a show on Netflix, eat a snack and check social media. If you sit down and start watching Pretty Little Liars, you know you won't be getting back to studying anytime soon.

Tip #3: Make colorful notes
Using colorful index cards and highlighting topics in different colors has been proven to help you remember things. Index cards are great for memorizing definitions, or you can make up your own questions and quiz youself with them. 

Tip #4: Reward yourself
When I'm studying for a long period of time, I like to reward myself with candy after I finish a certain amount of work. For example, if I have to read 3 chapters in my Science textbook and take notes, I will get a Reece's peanut butter cup after I complete each chapter. It just helps me stay motivated to keep going.  (Plus, eating chocolate while studying has been proven to help the brain retain information!)

Tip #5: Make a playlist
Some people find it hard to concentrate when it's completly silent. The perfect solution to this is making a study playlist on Spotify. You can either make your own, or listen to one of Spotify's premade playlists. I listen to "Intense Studying". You wouldn't believe how much it helps me concentrate. If you're making your own playlist, just make sure they are non-lyrical songs. Those will just distract you even more. 

I hope you all enjoyed this post! Let me know what helps you study in the comments below. 

Until next week..

-Emma

No comments:

Post a Comment